Mailchimp is a powerful tool for automating your email marketing that has been around for many years and seen many changes. Unfortunately, it is easy to get started but getting started correctly can be more of a challenge.
If you don’t have the time or the skills to maximize your investment, I’m here to help.
Mailchimp Account Setup
- Audience Creation – Audiences are the new way Mailchimp organizes contacts. On top of audiences is your layer of segments and tags. Should you only have one audience? Does it make sense to have multiple ones? I’ll help you figure it out.
- List Import and Cleaning – It is critical that your list information makes it into your new system with all the data intact. I’ll document all of your existing tags, segments, unsubscribes, and, if possible purchase data, and bring it into your Mailchimp account.
- Template Setup – You want your emails to look good and be consistent for your brand. I’ll get them set up for you.
- Form Setup – You want to attract new leads with good-looking and productive forms. I’ll make sure that they are designed for your brand and properly get the data you need into your system.
- Integration – Are you using another platform for your business? Mailchimp integrates with hundreds of apps either directly or through Zapier. I will make sure that the integrations you need are all set up properly.
- Business Marketing Goals – You bought this nice piece of software to do what, exactly? What are your marketing goals? How are you going to meet them? I’ll help you define your goals so that you can get the most out of your software. Mailchimp can do a lot for you but it can’t do everything. We need to determine which goals can be achieved with Mailchimp and which need another tool.
- Auotmation Mapping – Before you start to lay out an automation you need to map out what your automation is going to do. What are your goals? How will you measure them? What will trigger your automation to start? How will you tag your contacts in the automation? What are you going to say to contacts? What ends the automation? All of these questions, and more, need to be addressed before you start the actual building process.
- Automation Creation – Let me save you time and headaches by getting your automations put together efficiently and properly.
- Testing – Your automations are now set up but do they actually work? I’ll test everything with every option to make sure that your automation is working properly.
- Form Creation – Pop-up, slide-in, overlay, embedded, I’ll get them all set up for you and integrated with Mailchimp so that new leads are properly segmented and automatically put in the right automations.
- Funnel Planning – I’ll help you brainstorm ideas for lead magnets and get the funnels set up to turn the leads you generate into customers.
- Topic Brainstorming – Sure, you could just start sending emails with lists of products and sale announcements but eventually people will tune out. You have to provide value. I’ll work with you to come up with a value plan that keeps people reading – and shopping.
- Content Calendar – Marketing isn’t something you should do on the fly. You need to plan out your conversations with your contacts ahead of time. If you’re a coffee company and National Coffee Day is coming up, you need to plan out if and how you’re going to use that to your advantage. Do you have a sale? Send out a survey? Create a coupon? Start a hashtag campaign? You need to plan ahead and also have content that is sent in a logical progression. I’ll help you get that calendar built so that you can get your email broadcasts scheduled ahead of time and sleep easy at night.
Analysis and Optimization
- Analytics Review – If you aren’t paying attention to what works and what doesn’t, your business will never grow like it should. I’ll crunch the numbers on your opens, clicks, sales and unsubscribes to make sure that your best ideas get used more and the ones that aren’t producing get adjusted or dropped.
- A / B Split Testing – Sure, this automation may be doing well, but is it doing as well as it can? I’ll help you create split tests to see if we can make your automations even more efficient. This isn’t a quick process, but it is worth it.
Mailchimp is a powerful tool but it isn’t an island. I will help you integrate your other tools with Mailchimp so they all work together for your benefit. Some of the integrations I’ve worked with include:
- Woocommerce, Shopify, and Bigcommerce
- Zapier integrations with other platforms to put information in and take information out of Mailchimp.
- Do you want the convenience of setting up Facebook and Google ads in your Mailchimp account? I’ll help you get them up and running and make sure they are performing for your business.
- You could integrate with a third-party post card sender, but why spend the extra money when Mailchimp offers the service in your account? I’ll help you plan out the best-use plan for this great marketing tool.